I created a series "bible" in order to keep track of everything and everyone in the Chronicles of Ylandre universe including genealogies of the current members of House Essendri. For the sake of minimizing confusion, I've posted abridged versions of those genealogies here. Please keep in mind that some details may change or be corrected with regards characters whose books haven't been written yet. And not all the information will make it into the books either. It just so happens that knowing my characters' backgrounds and how they are related to the Ardan of Ylandre and/or to each other helps me keep my characterizations as consistent and credible as possible.
Rohyr, Dylen and Imcael Essendri and therefore their children are part of the direct line of descent, i.e. they are sons or grandsons of a previous Ardan:
1. Rohyr through both his parents, Keldon and Dyrael, since they were first-degree cousins whose sires, Joren and
Raval were brothers and therefore Ardan and first in line to the throne respectively before they married and had
2. Dylen through his sire Dyrael, Rohyr's birthing father who, before he married Keldon, was fifth in line to the throne
because his sire Prince Raval was the previous Ardan Joren's brother.
3. Imcael since he is the second son of Rohyr's grandsire Joren.
Keiran & Reijir Arthanna and Keosqe Deilen are related to Rohyr through both parents:
1. Keiran & Reijir's sire Rodeth is descended from a younger son of a previous Ardan and was therefore cousin to
Rohyr's parents. On the other hand, their birthing father Liande was a grandson of the older half-brother of the
Ardan Joren which makes Rohyr their cousin once removed on that side of their family
2. Keosqe's parents are first-degree cousins whose respective sires were the previous Herun of Sidona and his
brother. The Deilens are descended from the youngest son of a previous Ardan.
The others are related to Rohyr through one parent descended from a younger son or brother of a previous Ardan:
1. Eiren Sarvan traces his line of descent through his sire Aloir's grandfather. The younger son of a baron he forfeited
his and his descendants' claim to the title when he wed a commoner, a physician, against his parents' wishes.
Because of this, when his elder brother died without issue, the title went to a distant cousin instead. Aloir's first
spouse and Eiren's birthing father Mylan was also from the gentry, the only son of a wealthy landowner.
2. Aeldan & Ashrian Mithani are related to Rohyr through their birthing parent Kaiden whose grandfather was also the
younger brother of Keosqe Deilen's great-grandsire. Kaiden's father later married one of Edessa's wealthiest baron,
3. Ranael Mesare's birthing father Mihlon was the second son of Lord Desir and the older brother of Aeldan &
Ashrian's father Kaiden which makes Ranael and the Mithani brothers first-degree cousins and also third-degree
cousins to Keosqe Deilen. Mihlon's eldest brother, the current Lord Desir, is without issue. Therefore the title will
one day pass to one of Mihlon's sons.
3. Jareth Hadrana claims kinship to Rohyr through his birthing father, the dowager Heris of Ziana, whose sire was the
brother of the previous Herun of Losshen, making him the current Herun's first-degree cousin.
6. Zykriel & Gilmael Calanthe's sire, the Herun of Losshen, traces his bloodline to a previous Ardan's younger brother.
He is also a first-degree cousin of the dowager Heris of Ziana, which makes his sons and Jareth blood relations.
5. Yovan Seydon's birthing father and therefore his son Rysander's grandfather was the only child of the youngest son
of Rohyr's great-grandsire which makes them very close kin. Yovan's father wed a wealthy commoner from Vireshe
and chose to take his surname.
7. Shino Essendri's sire was a direct descendant of a previous Ardan's youngest son. In addition, his grandfather and
Yovan's sire were second-degree cousins, which makes him and Lysander third-degree cousins.